425 Lombard Street|
Philadelphia, PA 19147-1516
Bed and Breakfast Reservation Services
- Best Western Independence Park Hotel, 235 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106. (215) 922-4443; FAX (215) 922-4487
- Comfort Inn Penn's Landing, 100 N. Columbus Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19106. (215) 627-7900; FAX (215) 238-0809
- Holiday Inn-Independence Mall, 400 Arch St., Philadelphia, PA 19106. (215) 923-8660, 1-800-THE-BELL; FAX (215) 829-1796
- La Reserve Bed and Breakfast, 1804 Pine Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103. (215) 735-1137; 735-0582; (800) 354-840
- Omni Hotel at Independence Park, 401 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106. (215) 925-0000, 1-800-THE-OMNI; FAX (215) 931-4217
- Penn’s View Inn, Front and Market Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19106. (215) 922-7600, 1-800-331-7634; FAX (215) 922-7642
- Sheraton Society Hill, 2nd & Walnut Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19106. (215) 238-6000; FAX (215) 922-2709
The following are Reservation Service Agencies which provide information and reservations for additional bed and breakfast establishments, many of which are in the Center City, Philadelphia area. Many bed and breakfasts do not advertise, and can only be found by contacting a service agency.
- All About Town - B & B in Philadelphia. P.O. Box 562, Valley Forge, PA 19481-0562. Information: (215) 783-7838. Reservations: 1-800-344-0123; FAX: (215) 783-7783
- Bed and Breakfast Connections/Bed and Breakfast of Philadelphia. P.O. Box 21, Devon, PA 19333. For information, call Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., or Saturdays 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.: (610) 687-3565, 1-800-448-3619; FAX (610) 995-9524
- Bed and Breakfast of Philadelphia. P.O. Box 630, Chester Springs, PA 19425. Information: (215) 827-9650
Outside Center City Philadelphia
- Bank Street Hostel. 32 S. Bank St., Philadelphia, PA 19106. (215) 922-0222; FAX (215) 922-4082; outside the Philadelphia area call 1-800-392-HOSTEL. Located in "America’s Most Historic Mile". $15.00/night for members of AYH/IYHF; $18.00/night for nonmembers. Dorm-style accommodations with shared baths and lounge areas. Please note that there are limited access hours; the hostel is closed during the day from 10:00 to 4:30; curfew hours are 12:00 a.m. Sun.-Thur. and 1:00 a.m. Fri. and Sat. All guests must use a sleep sack; rentals are available for $2.00/night. All beds are supplied with a pillow and blanket; no sleeping bags allowed.
- Hostelling International Chamounix Mansion. (215) 878-3676; 1-800-379-0017; FAX (215) 871-4313. Located in West Fairmount Park, Philadelphia, on Chamounix Drive. Approximately a 15 minute walk to public transportation; SEPTA bus #38 takes individuals into Center City, Philadelphia. Built in 1802, the mansion and carriage house offer dorm-style accommodations. Shared baths, TV lounge, and self-service kitchen. $11.00/night for members of AYH/IYHF; $14.00/night for nonmembers. Please note that there are limited access hours (a midnight curfew, and lodgers need to be out of hostel between 11:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. each day). The hostel provides blankets and pillows on each bed; guests must bring their own linen or rent linen for $2.00. Free parking; no smoking, or alcohol permitted.
- International House of Philadelphia. 3701 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. Information: (215) 387-5125; FAX (215) 895-6535. Accommodates overnight guests in single rooms on a limited basis, as well as providing long-term lodgings for students, scholars and professional trainees. Building includes a gift shop, restaurant, and coin-operated laundry. Requires guests to be a full-time students, medical or professional trainees, or affiliated academically with an institution of higher learning.
For information about inexpensive lodging outside the downtown Philadelphia area but within driving distance, contact:
- Best Western Worldwide Reservations, 1-800-528-1234
- Comfort Inn Reservations, 1-800-4-CHOICE
- Days Inn Toll-free Reservations, 1-800-325-2525
- Travel Lodge (Philadelphia), 1-215-755-6500
- Quality Inn Reservations, 1-800-228-5151
Special interest brochures containing information about activities and events in the Philadelphia area can be obtained by calling the Philadelphia Visitors Center at (215) 636-1666 or 1-800-537-7676. On the World Wide Web, see the Philadelphia Official Internet Visitors Guide at http://www.philadelphiausa.travel