National History Day
The Presbyterian Historical Society is a great place for middle-school and high-school students to work on their National History Day projects. PHS holds primary and secondary sources on a wide range of topics, including:
- missionary work in Africa, India, Latin America, and the Far East
- expansion into the American West and Alaska
- work among Native Americans
- the anti-slavery movement and missions to freedmen
- the Civil Rights movement
- women’s history
- the Temperance movement
- missions to immigrants
Students are welcome at PHS! Our staff will help you identify records, images, and books relevant to your topic.
PHS collections document many people and topics that fit the 2016 National History Day theme: Exploration, Encounter & Exchange in History. Click here for three examples with descriptions and links to sources.